Tuesday 30 July 2013

McCall's 4769 - Liberty Highway Shirt Dress


Summer is shirt dress season in Lindnerland, and I love this particular Liberty Tana Lawn design - it reminds me of highways.  Even a sleeved dress worn on a sunburn-inducing sunny day feels incredibly cool in this fabric.   Perfect fourth of July dress!

It's made with McCall's 4769 - even though I love a good shirt dress with deep pockets, which this provides, I'm not a huge fan of this pattern.  I never feel like I can get the collar right - the instructions for that part of the construction are maddeningly vague.  I have some other shirt dress patterns I need to try (and a pal just gave me a few yards of super-cute fabric) - I'll keep you posted! 

Any shirt dress pattern recs?  Do tell!   


No comments:

Post a Comment