Monday 13 August 2018

Seamwork Almada, Adria and Reno


I got myself a Seamwork subscription and it's been good for helping me reach my 2018 goal of sewing more (that and a very carefully maintained Google Doc prioritizing all projects ;) ). 

Here I am in the Seamwork Almada - perfect beach coverup!  Very easy and quick. Plus it's a good way to use up that pack of bias binding you've had lying around forever (it's the facing for the main seam.) Vintage Liberty voile for this one.

 Seamwork Adria - also very easy. It was a little hard to choose fabric for this - I ended up with a mid-weight vintage Kaffe Fasset handloom fabric. I want to try a voile next.

 This was the most problematic - Seamwork Reno. The original is unpadded and seemed destined to fail - I did a muslin that did not turn out well (though to be fair I didn't completely finish). This sewalong turned things around for me - thanks, Helen's Closet! It shows you how to add padding, which gave much-needed shape. I'm still not 100% a fan of this pattern (also, the diagrams are very poor quality), but would like to try sewing more swimwear. Fabric is from the immortal Spandex House.

The bottoms here are not from Seamwork - these are the Mama's Hipster Boy Shorts.  The aesthetic used to present the pattern could not be more different from Seamwork - the pattern is full of crazy clipart and fonts. BUT - it's so easy to sew, and perfectly - in my opinion - engineered. The patternmaker clearly tested this TO DEATH. Highly recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment